Welcome to Dora High School,
home of the Bulldogs!
The first school in Dora was erected in 1903 and replaced by a brick schoolhouse in 1921. In 1935 another school was built to serve the junior and senior high school students. The first school to serve the black community was located at Union Camp and was replaced by T.S. Boyd in 1963. In 1969 the Dora schools were integrated and grades 10-12 were sent to a new Dora High School that had been built on Glenn C. Gant Circle. The most recent renovation project at the existing building was the addition of a new gym and band room in 1996. The high school gym from the old building now houses the Mining Museum.
Dora High School has been accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools since 1977. We now have an approximate enrollment of 435 students in grades 9-12 with 29 faculty members.